Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Design Manifesto













A Design Manifesto
"Helping people protect, enhance, and enjoy the places that matter to them."
--National Trust for Historical Presorvation--
"When histoic buildings and neighborhoods are torn down or allowed to deteriorate, a part of our past disappears forever. When that happens, we lose history that helps us know who we are, and we lose opportunities to live and work in the kinds of interesting and attractive surroundings that older buildings can porvide."
--National Trust for Historical Presorvation--
..."see through to the past..."
-design is a process therefore it evolves.-
It is my belief that we as a society of designers are in one continuous design process. Many movements have stemmed out as we have evolved , movements such as bauhaus, art deco, cubism, impressionism, modernism, all of these movements have helped us get to where we are today as designers. This theory is the reason why I believe what I believe. Many designers can talk about being Green and going Green, I think that one of the most effiecent ways of going Green is by helping to restore what is already here. My career goal is to become a historic presorvationist. Its olders building, houses, and places that I draw inspiration from. Its the litte sqeaks in the floor or doors that I find the most interesting. Those peices of character is what draws me into a space. It's almost as if the house is letting me in on a secret, telling me what has happened in it's lifetime.
The idea of seeing into the past is what I protrayed in my artifact. We need to understand and connect to those things that have passed before us to truely be good designers in the future.


No comments: