Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2x4








2x4 project...My biggest defeat in the project was trying to visualize the possibilities that the 2x4 possessed. It was hard to see the potential in the piece. My original idea was so far away from this. I started off with a sketch that was going to involve bending the piece in the middle, but when I drilled the holes in the middle it splintered the wood and I knew that it wasn't going to be a strong enough piece to withstand the bend... after coming to this conclusion I began to play around with the pieces that I had already cut...when doing this I loved the asymmetrical piece in the middle. The different varying heights that it made. But then I ran into a problem
of, what do I do with the remanding pieces? My first thought was something that framed the piece. Which is how I got the four pieces on the outside...After placing the on there I notices they kind of look like those huge spotlights that you see in the sky and I loved this visual effect...It was a kind of come look at me effect.

No comments: